Fest of Tails
The San Antonio Parks Foundation Presents Come out and celebrate spring with family fun in the park at the 16th
The San Antonio Parks Foundation Presents
Come out and celebrate spring with family fun in the park at the 16th Annual Fest of Tails! Fest of Tails is a free kite festival and dog fair set for Saturday, March 11th from 10 AM – 4 PM at McAllister Park near the dog park and pump track.
“Tour de Tails” is an informal, just-for-fun, social bicycle ride along the Salado Creek Greenway that ends at Fest of Tails – begin at Lady Bird Johnson Trailhead (3 miles) and cruise your way to McAllister Park with groups led by SATX Social Ride & SA Babes on Bikes volunteers! Riders are welcome to follow the trail on their own to the McAllister Park Trailhead or ride with a group led by volunteers.
AT THE FEST:
– Kite demonstrations, kite sales, kite hospital, and family kite flying
– Pooch Parade and Costume Contest presented by H-E-B! Costume Contest categories include Best Dressed Dog, Most Resembles Owner, and Best In Show. Parade lineup & pre-judging begin at 12 PM – register online here: http://bit.ly/3kqF1tl (onsite registration ends at 12 PM)
– Bicycle Valet Parking courtesy of STORM -South Texas Off Road Mountain-Bikers
– Bicycle pump track open to all riders
– All-ages bicycle safety course hosted by Ghisallo Cycling Initiative
– Pet adoptions and pet vendors
– City of San Antonio Urban Forestry Tree Giveaway – begins at 10 AM until all trees are gone
– Sweet treats, festival fare, live music, and more!
This event welcomes kite, dog, and cycling enthusiasts from near and far! All guests are encouraged to bring a blanket or lawn chair to watch the spectacular sky views and meet new furry friends. Fest of Tails has fun and activities for the entire family.
McAllister Park is a beautiful scene filled with live entertainment, various food options, a variety of vendors, and more! For all dog enthusiasts, pet products, treats, and clothing will be available for purchase. Information on pet registration, vaccinations, rescues, and more, will also be available through various participating animal welfare organizations and businesses.
As always, Fest Of Tails is 100% FREE to the public! We encourage families to bring the kids & the pups and come enjoy a day of family fun in the park!
The San Antonio Parks Foundation would like to thank all official sponsors of Fest of Tails: H-E-B, Thomas J. Henry, Camp Bow Wow, News4 SA, Texas Public Radio, Ghisallo Cycling Initiative, The Dog Guide of San Antonio, iHeart Radio, American Kite Association, and City of San Antonio’s Parks and Recreation Department.
POOCH PARADE & COSTUME CONTEST DETAILS
Check-in/on-site registration for the Pooch Parade’s Best Dressed Dog and Most Resembles Owner competitions will begin at 10 AM and ends at 12 PM at Fest of Tails on March 11th. Early registration is available by completing this form. Participants who register early must still check-in at the San Antonio Parks Foundation Info Booth between 10 AM and 12 PM before the parade begins to receive their entry number.
Dogs registered will participate in the Pooch Parade. All dogs are welcome to participate in the Pooch Parade without registration. Only dogs competing in the costume contest need to register. Competition pre-judging will be held before the parade from 12 PM to 12:25 PM. The Pooch Parade will commence promptly at 12:30 PM.
• Costume Contestants must register dog(s) before 12 PM the day of the event and display their registration number at all times during the parade and competition.
• There will be Youth divisions for all competitions (13 years old and younger)
• Adults must assist children under 10 years old
• Contestants can enter more than one dog per competition, but each dog must be registered
• Pairs or groups may be registered as a team
• All dogs must be on leash during Pooch Parade and for judging
• Dogs must be under voice control at all times
• Awards will be given for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for each category, and Best In Show
• Contestants must arrive at parade lineup 10 minutes prior to the parade kick off – parade begins at 12:30 PM and ends at the TPR Music Stage for contestant announcements and final judging 12:45-1:15 PM. Medals will be awarded at 1:45 PM followed by a group photo with all finalists!
• Judges’ decisions are final
(Saturday) 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
13102 Jones Maltsberger Rd